×
2 547
Fashion Jobs
AESOP
Part-Time Retail Consultant | Aesop Kitsilano
CDI · Vancouver
LULULEMON
Assistant Manager, Operations | Bower Place
CDI · Red Deer
SHISEIDO
Director, Human Resources
CDI · Markham
MICHAEL KORS
ft Sales Supervisor
CDI · Mississauga
ADIDAS
Senior Finance Manager, Commercial
CDI · Vaughan
ADIDAS
Director of Finance - Adidas
CDI · Vaughan
MICHAEL KORS
Full Time Sales Supervisor - Scarborough Town Centre
CDI · Toronto
LULULEMON
Assistant Manager, Operations | Scarborough Town Centre
CDI · Toronto
LULULEMON
Assistant Manager, Operations | Lululemon Abbotsford
CDI · Abbotsford
NORDSTROM
Asset Protection - Security Ambassador - Pacific Centre
CDI · Vancouver
NORDSTROM
Asset Protection - Agent - Pacific Centre
CDI · Vancouver
AESOP
Retail Consultant | Eaton Centre
CDI · Toronto
TJX CANADA
Loss Prevention Customer Service Agent - Thunder Bay
CDI · Thunder Bay
WINNERS
Jewelry Consultant, Full Time, Winners & Homesense, Coquitlam
CDI · Coquitlam
MICHAEL KORS
Superviseur Des Ventes Dix30/Sales Supervisor ft- Dix30
CDI · Brossard
ON RUNNING
Sales Representative
CDI · VANCOUVER
TAPESTRY
Sales (Bilingual) Supervisor i
CDI · Halton Hills
MICHAEL KORS
Gestionnaire Des Ressources Humaines – Canada/Human Resources Manager – Canada
CDI · Montreal
ESTEE LAUDER
Associate Consultant - Clinique - Toronto, on
CDI · Toronto
TJX CANADA
Loss Prevention Store Investigator - Sudbury
CDI · Greater Sudbury
AESOP
Retail Consultant / Conseiller Aux Ventes- Aesop Vieux-Montreal
CDI · Montréal
ADIDAS
Senior Manager - Product Supply
CDI · Vaughan
Published
Jan 12, 2022
Reading time
2 minutes
Share
Download
Download the article
Print
Click here to print
Text size
aA+ aA-

Urban Outfitters sees double-digit holiday sales growth on digital

Published
Jan 12, 2022

Urban Outfitters Inc. reported on Tuesday double-digit revenue growth for the 2021 holiday season, compared to the same two-month period in 2019, driven by strong growth in the U.S. group's digital channel, offsetting negative retail store sales, thanks to reduced in-store traffic.

In its opening earnings release statement, the Philadelphia-based Urban Outfitters Inc said it viewed the comparison of fiscal 2022 results to fiscal 2020 as a more "meaningful measurement of the company’s business performance," and therefore, reported accordingly.

"Due to the material impact of Covid-19 on our business operations in fiscal 2021, including mandated store closures, this release includes a comparison of fiscal 2022 results to fiscal 2020," explained Urban Outfitters, which operates  Anthropologie, BHLDN, Free People, FP Movement, Terrain, Urban Outfitters, Nuuly and Menus & Venues brands. 


Urban Outfitters said net sales for the two months endedDecember 31, 2021, increased 14.6% compared to the two months endedDecember 31, 2019 - Urban Outfitters Inc



Urban Outfitters said net sales for the two months ended December 31, 2021, increased 14.6% compared to the two months ended December 31, 2019. Total sales were driven by its comparable retail segment, where sales increased 14%, held up by strong double-digit growth in digital channel sales, partially offset by high single-digit negative retail store sales, primarily due to reduced store traffic.

By brand, comparable retail segment net sales increased 47% at the Free People Group, 15% at the Anthropologie Group and 3% at Urban Outfitters. Total retail segment sales increased 15%, while wholesale segment sales decreased 18% primarily from reducing the Free People Group’s sales to promotional wholesale customers, the company said in its earning release.

For the eleven months ended December 31, total company sales increased 14.4%, compared to to the same period in 2019. Comparable retail segment sales increased 16%, driven by strong double-digit growth in digital channel sales, partially offset by low double-digit negative retail store sales due to reduced store traffic. 

Like the holiday season, wholesale segment sales decreased by double digits to 22% for the eleven months, primarily from reducing the Free People Group’s sales to promotional wholesale customers.

The fashion apparel and restaurant chain company opened a total of 56 new retail locations in 2021 including 29 Free People Group stores, 17 Urban Outfitters stores, 9 Anthropologie Group stores and 1 Menus & Venues restaurant.

Copyright © 2022 FashionNetwork.com All rights reserved.